Okay, this is a quick update as I have not paid attention to my blog in a long while. Many apologies, but I really haven't been inspired to write lately. However, I do have a few things I’d like to share.
Firstly, I had two transitional moments this month, not only did I turn 21 but I also graduated. Personally, I feel no different from what I used to feel at 20 or prior to graduation but I guess we have such moments in life to see how far we've actually come and just how far we still have to go.
![]() |
| Do you love my red short? |
I'd also like to bring attention to a wonderful gift that was given to me by my good friends Nikita and Nickolai who went to the school I used to mentor at and celebrated my birthday with them. I could not think of a better gift that is timeless and classy at the same time. (Much better than the daddy loafers I wanted from Louboutins)
Lastly, I received a friend request from an absolute stranger who knew more about me that I had expected. Turns out, he is a junior from college who has heard a lot of good things about me from my beloved professor Susan. Not only did I feel like some sort of a celebrity, but I found the entire experience rather endearing as it means a lot to have left an impressions on someone who has inspired me the most.
In a letter the Professor Susan had written to me when I moved to Kuwait, she wrote "Each one of us can make a lasting impact on those who are around us on a daily basis – our friends, families, colleagues. Not everyone has to do earth-shattering things to be remembered." and that there was no need to “hanker” on greatness of the likes of Obama et al. Last month, I happened to use this ideology in a statement of purpose that I had to write for a very lazy student that was applying to the United Kingdom for her masters. The student had the nerve to reply back saying that she was not pleased with the essay and my superior had the nerve to tell me that I had low demands in life so it was okay for me to not dream big (and he said this in front of the student). It wasn't until a week later that my superior replied back to her telling her to write her own essay if she had a problem with the one we provided. I was hurt. The comments made were personal and it was a bit devastating but what I know for sure is “A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him." - David Brinkley. People will continue to question your credibility but that does not mean you need to impress them. Be your own work of art, I say. The moment to please people, you seize to exist. What is left of you is nothing but a replica of what others want you to be.
I guess that's enough of me... I will try to post more often and there is a new post coming really soon.
Xoxo
Don

No comments:
Post a Comment