Monday, March 21, 2011

Bieber-Fever and Black-Plague




As much as I have enjoyed the recent palooza centering Rebecca Black, I have decided to stop with the hate comments.  Sure there was a good kick out of the deplorably auto-tuned track and lyrics that would make even 7 year old songwriters.  But I honestly think we need to cut the girl some slack.
Here’s some of the reason why I strongly believe the shenanigans must come to an end.
  • The song is in fact not written by Miss Black herself, rather Clarence Jey and Patrice Wilson. So amusing lyrics such as “Yesterday was Thursday, Thursday; Today i-is Friday, Friday” should be credited to them and not to Rebecca Black
  • The girl is only 13, yes, I was unaware of that. So her concept of a Friday night is “FUN”.  Surely not the way it has been depicted in the video. But I guess the director may be questioned for that.
  • As an early teen, clearly she’s not aware of what she’s getting herself into and let’s face it, any teen would love a shot at international fame. I do have a bone to pick with her parents though and also with many other parents who urge the competitive streak in their children.  I do love a good competition but I understand there is a line that must not be crossed.
  • The girl is in her ‘formative’ years. She probably has body parts that have not fully developed. As much as she’s called this on herself and as much as she denies being offended, this incident is bound to scar her for life. In the light of this point, I must commend her for the way she’s handled the entire situation and would like to say that I refuse to partake in any slander henceforth. I have been on the receiving end and i know how hurtful it can be.

Teens becoming celebrities are no new thing in this day and age.  And while this may be totally irrelevant, while talking to some friends the other night, I realized that the people who hate Justin Bieber can broadly be divided into two groups. The first group is the one which thinks that the emotions expressed in Biebers songs are not real and untrue; and that no teen really understands the meaning of everlasting love. This is the same group of people who understand that Mr. Bieber could afford a better way of carrying himself rather than holding his crotch and flipping his hair while he walks.  The second group of people, the ones who usually answer “I don’t know why I hate him but I do” when you ask them why they hate Justin Bieber are the ones who don’t really hate him but rather are envious of him. His profound success, wealth and world-wide popularity at such an early age serves as a reminder to them that haven’t really been doing much with their lives and that he is more successful than they’ll ever be.

3 comments:

  1. i jus heard the song for the 1st time and i think she deserves all the flack she has been getting....wht the hell was she thinking....God how i hate Fridays now

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait, which Niki is this Nickolai or Nikita?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey that's true :) that indeed was an intelligent bunch of friends u discussed this with ;P.

    But really i guess we should cut her some slack and for all those who detest her songs "DON'T Listen to Them!!"

    ReplyDelete